SUMMARY. The general purpose of this job is the current and future land use planning and development for the jurisdictional members of the Hopkins County Joint Planning Commission.
RESPONSIBILITY. The ideal candidate has knowledge of planning, zoning, and land use principles, including the interpretation and implementation of laws, codes, rules, and regulations. In addition, the candidate should be skilled in providing positive, solutions-oriented, and effective customer service and promoting a culture of teamwork by treating coworkers, stakeholders, and applicants with respect and dignity and engaging in open dialogue with diverse voices. Candidate will supervise all employees of the Commission. Collaborates with architects, engineers, contractors, professional services and other construction specialists. Holds all aforementioned and other firms accountable to ensure that all projects are in compliance. Develops and implements goals, priorities, policies and procedures relating to Planning and Community Development.
• Comprehensive planning. A statutorily required update to the comprehensive is a critical mission of this role.
• Representative to City and County Members
• Member of regional planning groups (i.e.: PADD, GRADD)
• Member of City and County Community Groups
• Research and prepare recommendations to the Planning Commission
concerning zoning map amendments, zoning text amendments, major
plats, development plans, etc.
• Assist in the recovery and rebuild of areas affected by the 12/10/2021
• Other duties as assigned or required.
COMPUTER SKILLS. Efficiency in MS Office, ArcMap, File Maker, AutoCad
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE. Bachelor's Degree in Planning or related field. Minimum of three years direct work experience in a planning office. AICP preferred
COMPENSATION. $50,000 - $55,000. We offer an excellent retirement & benefits package.
TO APPLY. Please submit resumes with cover letters electronically to:
Hopkins County Joint Planning Commission.
SUBMIT YOUR OPENINGS
If you have an RFP or job opening you would like to post to our site, please email us the following: